69/70 floorpans

jmlay71

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 16, 2003
I am putting in the passenger floor pan in my Mach1. I was going to use one of the available pans & patch it with the new pannel offered by Horse Heaven. However I am now thinking that I will take a drivers side pan & cut the front "fingers" out, flip them around and weld it in to the passenger side.

Has anyone had success in doing this? I just do not like the Horse Heaven pannel. It is not stamped very well & lacks definition if the origional.

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Ok i know some people have had issues with Dallas mustang but i got a drivers floor pan in the other day and its quality is excellent. My bodyman was suprised as well as there repro hood was very good quality. Delivery time was the pain in the azz. Good products just service is not quick as it should be.

I have never had an issue with Dallas Mustang, in fact I am on my way thre now. They may be higher in price but they are local to me.

I am going to attempt making a 69/70 pan. Will post my results.

Mike

As we all know no one makes a a complete 69/70 floor pan. I did find a company that makes a patch panel that replicates the 69/70. You have to utilize a pre 69 pan for the area inside the frame rail and this patch panel between the frame rail & the rocker. I was all excited to find this so I ordered one... I think the photo below speaks for it's self but I will comment anyway. as you can see the panel does not have allot of definition in the stamping. Also it is made from very thin material compared to the pre 69 patch. In general the stamping is poor. I wish that I could say that it is the worst $75 + shipping I have ever spent, but I am sure that is not the case.

DSC02548.JPG

DSC02549.JPG

So what do I do??? I purchase a long & a short pre 69 panels & make my own:

DSC02530.JPG

DSC02535.JPG

DSC02533.JPG

DSC02538.JPG

DSC02541.JPG

DSC02542.JPG

DSC02544.JPG

DSC02546.JPG

I just need to bend the lip that mates to the rocker 180deg., as the lip points down instead of up, & weld it all in.

Mike

I replaced the pans on my 70 Mach1 using full-length pans from Mustangs Unlimited #A107L108 and A107R108. They look very good and I don't recall if the ribbing matched exactly but it was close enough to original to satisfy me. A concourse judge would probably notice the difference, but then he'd also notice the welds where it is patched in. As I recall they fit pretty well but I had to trim and shape the front edge quite a bit to make it fit the contours of the transmission hump and toe pans.