69 block worth anything??

67coupestang

Founding Member
May 31, 2002
Before i get too into ripping this thing apart is she worth saving or should i send her in for scrap? its been sitting dry (no oil) for sometime now and i was pulling little rust mud balls out of the crankcase, the oil pan looks like it froze out as well as some plugs. There is no ridge on the cylinder walls but that wouldnt matter the're so caked with rust they need machining anyway. the back of the block inside the motorplate looks fantastic, like a new casting. SO, what im saying is if anybody wants her just come and get her or she will probably become scrap.

• Sponsors (?)

sorry, south central minnesota, near Albert Lea. I havent given it that close of a look but i did not see any cracks, who knows what a mag flux would show though. I can take pics if someone could post them for me :)

Trust me, you're in Minnesota and the freeze plugs are popped out? There's a 99.9% chance the block is toast. Seen quite a few down here where it seldom freezes hard and the blocks crack. Get it mag'd but be prepared for bad news.

A mustang with an original motor will always be worth more and easier to sell for a higher price. (Unless of course, the new engine you put in is worth more by itself.)

If you don't plan on selling the car, toss it.

If you plan on lots of mods, toss it as you won't be original enough for anyone to care if it is the original engine.