70mm throttle body, is it really worth it?

Found a BBK 70mm TB for $100, should i get it? my car is mildly modified with bolt ons, full exhaust, cold air intake, pulleys, predator, and will be installing a wet kit thsi winter, would there be any real benefit for the 70mm throttle body? how noticeabl would it be? and what are the stock Tb diameter?

thanks,
ryan

• Sponsors (?)

The stock throttle body is a 65mm I do believe.

Honestly, I don't think you're going to see any real increase in performance from the throttle body alone. I see you have a ported upper plenum. If the plenum is heavily ported, then you may gain a few ponies in top end from the throttle body. Or, if you plan on upgrading to an aftermarket plenum, then it would be worth it. Other wise, I would just stick with the stock throttle body unit.

With the ported plenum. A larger TB would give improvement, but a 75mm TB would be better and also a plenum spacer. With the predator you should be able to tune it properly for the full gains.

my car has always ran pretty good with a 70mm tb. my old numbers were 280rwhp & 307rwtq, check my sig for current numbers (with the 70mm). this was one of the few mods that i actually 'felt' when i installed it, but i intalled it with a plenum also