78 KC in "Mustangs and Fords"

78CobraII

Jul 31, 1998
Birmingham, AL
The latest edition of "Mustangs and Fords" showed up yesterday at home, and lo and behold it had a 1978 King Cobra...with a 351W and T-5! Must be the December issue as their website still shows the November issue: http://www.mustangandfords.com/toc/thismonth/

Other than the 5.8 and T-5, the car is a pretty straight-forward restoration but in "Corvette Red" and with a "5.8" decal on the hood. It even still has the 8-track. :)

Oh, I did notice that the hood scoop is a reversed mid-'80's Fox scoop...the article writer didn't pick it up.

The car is in Arizona, but I don't recall seeing it before. Is the owner on this forum or over on the .ORG mailing list?

In the same edition, a 1973 Mustang owner complains about a lack of '71-'73 parts...he thinks he's got it bad... :bang:

A few months ago the same magazine gave their monthly "Young Mustang Owners" award to a young lady with a restored MII hatch. Sorry Eos!

• Sponsors (?)

78CobraII said:
In the same edition, a 1973 Mustang owner complains about a lack of '71-'73 parts...he thinks he's got it bad... :bang:

Hah. 1, He can get aftermarket parts, and 2, a 429/460 will bolt right into his car with factory mounts and all. And huge diam. 460 race headers are a phone call and 2 days shipping away. Damn him. Now I feel like kicking him in the gonads for saying that.

picked up the copy of it too.....Nice II but I think they should of had more engine pics and maybe some performance statements....this one having a warmed over 351w and all.
I do think it was noted about the hood scoop though :shrug: .

rII