7Up or "Down" when it comes to collectors?

OhioStang

Feb 28, 2011
Cleveland OH
Looking for thoughts on the 7Up cars as far as value. I wasn't looking for one, but came across one which caught my eye. The question is, how much, if any, premium should be placed on this car versus a non-7Up, all other options, condition, mileage being equal?

• Sponsors (?)

If its in great shape then maybe some, like Wythors said 5 to 10%. most of the ones ive seen are beat to **** and even if its not the white top is filthy and looks horrible.

From MM&FF: "One special model, however, was made during this period--the '90 Limited Edition LX convertible. It came in Emerald Green with a white top and white leather interior with Sport seats. The Emerald Green paint extended to the body-side moldings and dual remote outside mirrors. They're known as the 7-Up cars. The 7-Up Bottling Company planned to give away 30 of them at the '90 NCAA basketball finals; it never did, but the name stuck. A total of 4,103 cars were built--1,360 five-speeds and 2,743 automatics.

The 1990 color production chart shows 4,106 Emerald Green convertibles were made, making it the most popular color by far. Medium Red, Medium Titanium, and Titanium Frost were all produced in single digits. Which model is more desirable? The Emerald Green cars, of course."

The green is the least rare color, the 87-90 GT wheels are ugly, and I'm not a big fan of white leather and body colored body-side moldings. Other than that I like them.

Not really tough, the cars have a neat story behind them but thats all they have. if they are wanting big $ for the car because of its history then no way but if its reasonable the go for it.
If you looking for an investment fox then look for early Saleens and 93 cobras, if your looking for something to drive on the weekends then buy this vert and enjoy it.

I actually see plenty of people who tell me "wow, these cars are gaining value...you could prob sell yours for 10,000!!!"

Riiiiiight. But its nice that people think I'm driving an expensive car. Keeps them from rear ending me at stop lights. I'd really hate to punch a soccer mom on the cell phone out for that :). J/k....maybe

I actually see plenty of people who tell me "wow, these cars are gaining value...you could prob sell yours for 10,000!!!"

Riiiiiight. But its nice that people think I'm driving an expensive car. Keeps them from rear ending me at stop lights. I'd really hate to punch a soccer mom on the cell phone out for that :). J/k....maybe

id rather that people thought that the car wasnt worth much so that they will leave it alone when i park it somewhere!
but i feel ya on getting rear ended at a stop light, that would be the death of my vert.