$800-1000 bucks for an a4ld rebuild?!?!?

Well i just got my fresh 2.3 ready to crank over(all i need is oil and coolant). My a4ld's work fine, I just wanted to throw a fresh a4ld behind it because of some time and money issues, but looks like i would be spending just as much for a fresh a4ld as opposed to doing a t-5 swap. Somebody please sell me a 5speed! Im not going out with an autoHPsponge! what would be a good price for a nice 5 speed. would the computers need to be swaped. The only thing im dredding is the pedal assembly. hmmm...what to do with so little money? i wanna hury up and break the motor in but thats kinda hard when there is nothing to spin the tires.

Anyone wanna buy a a4ld? right now im having a sale, buy one get one free :D

• Sponsors (?)

break out your dirty work clothes,a friend or two and some tools and visit your nearest junkyard...cheapest way of doing it. No , you dont need to swap the computer, do a search, the pedal assembly is not as drastic as it may sound !

I have got one bit of advice for you. T-5 Swap. If you have a brand new engine, don't waste your time with an A4LD Automatic Tranny. You will be happier in the long run if you put in a T-5 now. Here is a link for you to use to read up about the swap, if you are interested that is. http://projecthp.ford23.com/howto.html

That site is compliments of the one and only stinger. I send links to his site whenever anybody asked a tech related question that he has an answer for.