86 Stang interior questions

irvgotti

Dec 19, 2005
New York city
Well i recently upgraded my 86 GT radio from the the stock 86 premium sound it had lol...and for some reason my gauges interior lights went out... gauges work fine tho...i checked the fuses and it seems all good so i don't know whats left..does anyone know any knowledge of this and can point out my wrong doing......also i've been searching and searching does anyone know if theres any gauge clusters for my car that go higher then 85 MPH...all i'm finding is stickers that shows to 105....any help is appreciated...thanx

• Sponsors (?)

nope

no i check that i pull out and go both ways and the interior light go's on but the instrument panel does not...i also check the bulbs for it and all seem O.K. i did see my cuz cut the wires that the old radio was connected to he didn't use the existing plug ins he cut out the plug ins....and use the wires individually .could there be something there that was needed??

By the way BlueCobra you car is light my car weight in at 3270 LBS with me out the car !!!

Yes it is light it has fiberglass hood doors and hatch aswell as lexan glass in the hatch. It does have full interior and a 8 point roll bar aswell as the 351w in it though.

I would suspect that he cut a wire that you need for the lights.