88 GT vacuum/hoses question

Howdy,

I have an '88 with some issues under the hood. I need some assistance identifying and properly connecting some parts.

1st part is directly under the throttle body next to the header. It has two hoses connecting to it that are routed behind the engine and along the exhaust. It has a vacuum solenoid on it and the hose has been cut and plugged. There is also a seperate hose approximately 1" in diameter, that has likewise been cut and plugged, that points to the front of the engine. What is it and where is it correctly routed?

The second part is a vacuum block with 5 ports in it next to the passenger strut tower. I can tell that one hose comes from the EGR valve, and the other is routed from behind the manifold. The other ports on this block have been plugged with screws. What goes here and how is it correctly routed?

I appreciate any help I can get with this and have posted some pictures for better identification.

MustangCop

Attachments

• MustangCop 007.jpg
    MustangCop 007.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 101
  • MustangCop 008.jpg
    MustangCop 008.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Sponsors (?)

The first picture is the vacuum lines that go to the different air control valves for the air pump I am pretty sure. And the 2nd one is the main line for the air pump which goes to the back of the cylinder heads and down to the cats. I am guessing you don't have an air pump if all that stuff is plugged off?