88 Hatch with new deep dish Saleen replicas...PICS!!!

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by EPIK, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

I agree. They are a nice replica. From the edge on they look dead on. And i also agree that 4-lug wheels never look the same as the 5-lug wheels but that points been beat to death on the Cobra R and 03 Cobra replica wheels.

I was looking for true Saleen replicas. WHen viewed from the edge is where they lose their resemblence. Maybe it's just the rear wheel i don't like. I just don't think they look right as a DD wheel. Maybe i need to see some charcoal centers with polished lips and my ideas will change.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not saying they are a bad looking wheel. I just wanted to see something a little more authentic. Perhaps if i say a 5-lug version with the non-deep dish wheel on the rear i might like it more.
  2. EPIK

EPIK Member

The lip is machined already. can u polish it out???
  3. 25thmustang

25thmustang Advanced Member

That I'm not sure about? I am sure someone could polish it for enough money, but in order for the right look you might find yourself spending a lot. I just think the plain silver kind of washes the look out, and a painted center/polished lip would make it pop. I did two photoshops for another member here that I think helps the wheel stand out some.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. EPIK

EPIK Member

all u would have to do to acheive that look is buy the 5 lug version in 17x9....I still think the deep lip is the way to go...alot of people said the same thing about my DD 03 Cobra replicas, but I like em anyway since I was looking for something different...authentic 03 cobra's dont have a lip at all & the spokes are wider than mine, but i still like em because knowone has em....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. iwashmycar

iwashmycar Active Member

6. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

That does look damn good.

You are right...4 17x9 versions in 5-lug might look authentic enough for me
  7. EPIK

EPIK Member

Thanks...I think that would work 4 ya. Aren't the original Saleen's silver too??
  8. Mustang5L5

9. streakmatt

streakmatt New Member

Thanks bro. Well that video of my 10.68 E.T was when I was running H/C/I + S-Trim on the stock bottom end with 120K on it. As for how much power it made I can only guesstimate because I never had it on a dyno. With the 130-131 trap I would say it was probably 510-515 RWHP. The suspension was nothing fancy, just 70/30's up front with boxed stock control arms in the back, 1.5 60 fts all day.

Mustang5L5..Like Epik said, if you're wanting the look without the DD rear then the 5 lug 17x9 all the way around would work.
  10. JUCD 5.0

JUCD 5.0 Member

I LOVE the color ~ your have a PM

The wheels aren't my favorite but they look good especially the big lip on the rears. Great job and impressive times and HP/TQ #'s.
  11. Zignas X

Zignas X Member

hey i was wondering if u had to take the quad shocks off to put the one's in the back on ????