88 Mark VII high output question

tcf26

Dec 4, 2003
Okay guys I need an engine wiring harness for a 5.0 swap and I have a line on a complete engine harness from an 88 Lincoln Mark VII with the 5.0 HO. Is this a Speed density car?? I have an A9P for the the swap and was wondering if I could use this harness with that computer. If it isn't a Mass air (the mark VII) then what do I need to switch it to Mass air?? I heard they are almost the same harness. Let me know cause I know I can get this cheap but don't want to waste my time if it won't work out.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I am sure this doesn't matter but I am swapping the 5.0 from a 96 Explorer into an 83 Ranger using Mustang A9P computer and Wiring. I want to stay Mass air that is why I was asking if that harness from the Mark VII would work. Some people have said the speed density and the mass air aren't really different accept for the Mass air. I knew you guys would know.

You could use a Speed Density harness (but it needs to be from a Mustang) and just purchase the mass air conversion kit that is an independant harness (cost $35). It's what us speed density guys use when we convert to mass air.

But you can't use the mark 7's harness. There are some differences