89 Fox Just Dyno'd With Mr Freeze Meth Kit

sal5.0

Jul 14, 2007
What up Stangnet, I thought this was interesting. When I bought my car, it previously dyno'd at 369 HP to the wheels and 349 ft lb of torque.
Mods on the car when I bought it:
-Paxton SN93 (6psi)
-Anderson cam
-Edelbrock heads
-1.6 Rockers
-Cobra upper and lower
-75mm maf and 70 mm throttle
-Anderson power pipe
-24lb injectors
-255 pump
-3.73 rear
-stock bottom end

Mods I added:
-Went from 6.25" supercharger crank pulley to 7" pulley
-Mr Freeze meth kit (used medium nozzle)
-42lb injectors
-80mm maf
-electric fan
-aluminum driveshaft

With the addition of those mods, car dyno'd at 404 HP to the wheels and 444 ft lbs of torque, at 9 psi of boost. That's almost 100 ft lbs of torque increase! The tuner said that at 404 HP, my supercharger belt started to slip, because it's a 6 rib. He figured once I change to an 8 rib, the car will make about 450hp to the wheels. Just wanted to share, because before I bought the Mr. Freeze Kit, there was mixed reviews on it. I think for the price you can't beat it! Plus my tuner said he actually likes that kit because there's no electric pumps to go bad, etc... Let me know what you guys think. Joe.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Good Deal! 100foot pounds, you can feel that!
I too am a fan of the Mr. freeze. I've had one on my vert for Years. Works great!

Congrats!:nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Oh I see. I have a similar combo with the mr freeze as well. I tune myself with a quarterhorse I've been pretty conservative with the timing. Im at 21 degrees in full boost.

Roughly 10 psi, I heard some people saying they've run the a9l timing curve with no retard or high timing like 26 degees total when using the mr freeze kit. I dont want try it though, maybe with race fuel. Lol. Pulling .5 degees with water/meth per pound of boost seems resonable to me.

I see that you have to actually aim the injector at the impeller on the intake side of the system,...(I was wondering how it gets into the charge tube w/o a pump.....) That seems to me like it's counter-productive. Firstly, because water mist is sprayed at a thing that was never intended to pass anything past it's 20,000 RPM spinning blades other than air, and that thing doesn't LIKE passing anything other than air....
(Ever ran a tire into a puddle of standing water?)
And secondly, because for all of the cooling benefits water would add,...how much of that benefit got lost in transition between getting compressed, (and typically, water don't compress) heated by that compression,..and then moved through the entire cold side, including any intercooler before it ever gets to the engine?....

If it's too good to be true,..it's too good to be true.

I realize that it must work, and it's certainly cheap enough,..but when the rest of the industry is injecting their mixture immediately in front of the throttle body AFTER the intercooler and at 200 p.s.i......

When it comes to water meth injection systems, Mr freeze is like bailing wire instead of a exhaust hanger.

Last edited:
Madmike1157, I understand your thought process completely. But because my supercharger (SN93) is old technology, and gets extremely hot, spraying a water/meth combo into the intake side helps with keeping it cool. Thus cooling the air that is in the intake tube to the throttle body. I don't know a whole lot about Meth injection, and I'm sure other kits most likely perform better, but for $200, and a 30 min to install... I was sold. And based on my power gains, it has to work. I doubt I gained all that torque and power from a pulley change and electric fan. Just my 2 cents. I'm in the process of changing to an 8 rib set up... So it should be very interesting to see what the numbers are then.

I see that you have to actually aim the injector at the impeller on the intake side of the system,...(I was wondering how it gets into the charge tube w/o a pump.....) That seems to me like it's counter-productive. Firstly, because water mist is sprayed at a thing that was never intended to pass anything past it's 20,000 RPM spinning blades other than air, and that thing doesn't LIKE passing anything other than air....
(Ever ran a tire into a puddle of standing water?)
And secondly, because for all of the cooling benefits water would add,...how much of that benefit got lost in transition between getting compressed, (and typically, water don't compress) heated by that compression,..and then moved through the entire cold side, including any intercooler before it ever gets to the engine?....

I completely agree. I've used about four different kits all on turbo applications though and best results were having the nozzles as close as possible to the throttle blades.

It works off boost pressure. The supercharger atomoizes the stream. Ive been using it for about a year my impeller shows no signs of damage I do check constantly. Without the mr freeze my iat's are in the 170 degree range with it iat's are in the 130 degree range. Ive seen iats as low as 110 degrees with the bigger nozzles. My iat's are measured in the lower intake.

Can you not run an intercooler with this supercharger the OP has (sn93)? If inlet temps are terrible with it i'd rather see an intercooler with the meth being injected right before the throttle body. It will help the SC live longer and the meth will still atomize just fine since the intake is pressurized.