89 vert donor for my 93 coupe? will this work?

ok guys

My 91 vert deal fell through.. the guy ended up selling it to his father..

So.. i just got off the phone with a man selling a 89 vert with great interior.. and an engine that isnt leaking a drop...

SO... i have been scouring google and forums trying to find out this information.. will this work?

I found many articles about wiring problems because of the MAF harness being different (aka different fuel pump relay locations and connectors..) but my maf harness is already not the correct harness for my car, and the fuel pump has been hard wired.. (previous owner)

i just want to get a complete working wiring harness in my car, and connect all my sensors back up properly, and have it work as it was intended to! and maybe have tilt wheel as well!

So im thinking i could possibly transfer the entire 89 wiring over to my coupe.. im talking the engine harness, computer, body harness, dash harness, everything, even the dash and HVAC system, i just want my stang to run right and have all the right parts

i just figured if i stripped the 89 vert, and transferred everything over.. it should work and my fuel pump would finally be wired RIGHT..

besides the fuel pump relays being under the hood, the engine bays look identical!!

is there any reason at all to think a 89 vert dashboard, steering column, wiring, and all, wont transfer over and directly bolt up?

• Sponsors (?)

this is what im thinking... i shouldnt have any wiring nightmares because im using the wiring thats already set up to match each other.. im not wiring an 89 to a 93.. im wiring an 89 to and 89 basically...

i just wonder if the hvac, dash, console, and column, will bolt right into my coupe..

im not afraid of modifying anything.. i just dont want to have to

Okay.. it still will work fine.. the wiring for 1987-93 mustang are all about the same.. some of the wiring are just different colors and some of the relays are in different places...but that's it. Everything will work.

Okay.. it still will work fine.. the wiring for 1987-93 mustang are all about the same.. some of the wiring are just different colors and some of the relays are in different places...but that's it. Everything will work.

The harnesses are completely different.

He needs to use the entire 1989 harness, nose to tail. This will result in eliminating the airbag system as well as some other inconvienences. The fuel pump relay now goes under the seat. He will need to use the 1989 gauge cluster as the 89 harnes is not compatible with a 93 cluster unless he does a rewire. OEM stereos are wired different (usually not an issue) as well as some other minor differences.

Well i was just worried about fitting the dash and door panels.. And even wiring in the dome light

I read that the dash might require some modifications...

I would be installing the 89 dash, column, hvac, console, and door panels..

The door panels are in great shape.. But the switches are for the convertible.. So im wondering about that as well..

I cannot find a 93 coupe 5.0 that is in as good of condition as this 89 vert..

Hell it still has the factory airbox, distributor boot
Cover, smog pump.. Everything.. Its virgin and leak free

I like the fact that it has tilt steering and no airbag

This is just one of those frustrating unknowns.. I dont want to drop 700 on the car.. And 200 on gas to pick up another car that isnt going to help me complete my project.. That or rip both cars apart and hit a brick wall

Has anyone ever done this swap before?