9" by 17" rims on the front of a fox?

rculjak

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2001
Hey guys, can you fit 9by17" rims all the way around on a 90gt, I know they will fit on the back but what about on the front, also, 245's will look to skinny on the rim, can a 255 fit on the front?

• Sponsors (?)

lol, 275's sound way to big for the front. Why would you want them to be that big anyway? I got 17 x 9 in the front. 245/45/17 They only rub when you turn the wheel FULLY. If the wheel is not fully turned it won't rub. Hope that helped.

I know, but the 245's on 9" rims look like 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me', they are too skinny for the rim, they taper inwards, opposite if the tire is too fat for the rim.

9'S on the front will not rub unless you turn the will 100% on way or the other. Also 275's to big for the front. I have 255's and those look nice. My wheel/rims set up is 17x8 on the front with 255's and 17x9 on the back with 255's. With the 8's on the front I get no rubbing what so ever.

hey you guys with the 245's on a 9" rim, can you tell me the exact model of tire you are running so that I can compare tread widths with mine and if my make is alittle more narrow that usual, maybe I can run 255's, thanks.

rculjak said:
Hey guys, can you fit 9by17" rims all the way around on a 90gt, I know they will fit on the back but what about on the front, also, 245's will look to skinny on the rim, can a 255 fit on the front?

yes you can because that's what i did. my tire size is 255/40 17. my buddy also put 255's all the way around and the only part that rubs is the rearend because the suspension is so worn out it rubs the exhaust pip on one side. if you want you can fit 275's out back but you have to roll up the lip in the wheel well to fit it.

You can do 275 in the front on 9" rims. That is what I have. They will rub if you have fender extensions. Mine tore my extensions up. You cant tell by looking at pics or anything, but they are split where they bolt on. I trimmed them and they dont rub as much anymore.
I dont know about any other cars, but mine handles pretty good considering I dont have too much money into the suspension.