91 5.0 into a 95 GT

xtr3m3

Dec 20, 2006
Alright Im just curious if this is possible or if I ****ed myself.. Anyways I purchased a 91 306 block done up for my 95 mustang.. I was told that it would if I switched around the intakes well I did.. An im running into nothing but problems.. I tried to switch the water pumps but they are not remotely the same as of one shows a Fan blade or whatever and the 91 has a plastic casing behind it.. I just need to know if you can even put an earlier 5.0 into the 94/95 mustangs.. Im so stressed out ive been sittin in a garage pretty much the whole week and I just want to shoot myself!! Please someone help me out

• Sponsors (?)

ok so the timing cover is located right behind the water pump im guessing them? so im guessing the balancer needs to be takin off to get the cover off? Any hints tips to make this easier? I have both water pumps off each motor I mean I have a 95 block with everything cuz I just pulled it.. And the 306 with everything besides brackets and all the good stuff, Which Im puttin all my 95 crap on the 306 to make it work

Also, dont forget to ditch the fox's fuel pump eccentric if it's still there. You'll likely get interferance issues with the SN timing cover if you dont.

Good luck.

Im not sure Im understang about the front cover from the SN-95 having to be on the fox motor. I just put an explorer motor out of an 88 Fox and just used everything from it in my Cobra except the fuel rails, elbow, tb and maf. Used the Fox timing cover and balancer. Im not running power steering or A/C either so that may make a difference. Im not complete with this swap yet as I went with a Roush alternator bracket and a GM 1 wire alt to get rid of the ugly tensioner. I have to install it yet and my PMAS MAF wont be here until after Chrstmas. After that it will be ready to go. If Im going to run into any problems with what I done concerning the front cover please school me

I thought only the carbed cars had the eccentric, the fox covers I have are not even drilled or tapped for the fuel pump. My bad if thats the case.

It's still there on EFI foxes. Some have debated that it's an appendix of sorts (left over, not really needed). You're right - there's nothing on the outside of the timing cover itself, but it's attached under the timing cover. There can be TC interferance issues with the SN cover if it's left on.

There's a fair bit of info on the Corral about it if anyone wants more.
:cheers:

It's still there on EFI foxes. Some have debated that it's an appendix of sorts (left over, not really needed). You're right - there's nothing on the outside of the timing cover itself, but it's attached under the timing cover. There can be TC interferance issues with the SN cover if it's left on.

There's a fair bit of info on the Corral about it if anyone wants more.
:cheers:

Even old farts learn something new everday. :nice: