92 needs help

lovemy92stang

Sep 19, 2006
We have a 92 mustang that we have just installed a cobra instake on. The car after it warms up has a loping idle (idles up and down), then will just die. My husband has removed the intake twice just to verify every thing is sitting right and no vaccum leaks, but it still continues to do this.

Any ideas on where to look next? Would like to fix it on our own, before it gets take to a shop. Thanks for any help!

• Sponsors (?)

lovemy92stang said:
We have a 92 mustang that we have just installed a cobra instake on. The car after it warms up has a loping idle (idles up and down), then will just die. My husband has removed the intake twice just to verify every thing is sitting right and no vaccum leaks, but it still continues to do this.

Any ideas on where to look next? Would like to fix it on our own, before it gets take to a shop. Thanks for any help!

Did you reset the computer during the install?

It sounds like a vacuum leak to me, when I put the Edelbrock intake on my f150 it did the same thing (forgot to put a plug in one of the fittings). I would spray starting fluid all around the upper and lower intake along with all of the vacuum lines and see if you cant track it down.

help

As far as resetting the computer - We had the battery disconnected. Is there anything else we need to do?

We will look again for the vaccum leaks, but so far we have had no luck finding it.

Thanks for the help - Any other suggestions would be great too!