'94-'95 Repsect

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
I just seen on the 5.0 Mustang & Superfords magazine website that they have a poll going on for "which year Mustang gets the least respect?" The current results say that the '94-'95 has the lowest percentage of votes (saying the '94-'95 gets the most respect in the poll). I thought it was the opposite. :shrug: We get the shaft when it comes to "specific performance parts". I thought we were the "red-headed stepchild". The '96-'98 cars are getting the least respect in the poll. What gives? I guess they have it just as bad ...... an H/C/I swap just isn't practical on those cars. PI's and forced induction is all you ever hear about. Maybe things are getting better for us than they were a few years ago?

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed. I always hear of the 96-98's being the stepchild mustangs....but I do think we're the least respected in the late model mustang community, since we're the lower powered SN-95's of the bunch....does that make sense to anyone?

What did the 96's have for numbers?

I got my car in 97 and many times during that first year, peeps would ask about it. When I told them it was not a mod motor but a 5.0, they always had positive things to say.

Most of those times one of the first things that came out of their mouth was something like ......

5.0 ... Really ... Bet its pretty fast, ain't it?

Even peeps who don't know much about Stangs know about the 5.0 motor.

Our cars are getting more rare by the day so I can see how they could command some respect.

Grady

The early mod cars stank a funky stank. They should get the least respect.

The "red-headed step child" thought comes from the fact that we run 5.0 motors, but not in a fox body (hence fewer after market options) and sn-95 body w/o the new motor (only 2 year run). But that makes our years unique, not deserving of the lowest respect designation. In fact it's the unique character of our cars that make them desirable (same good engine as a fox with better suspension, same looks of 96-99 cars with the better motor). And that's what could make these cars more valuable in the future (which is the reason I think it's stupid to put verticle taillights on a 5.0 sn-95)

Holy crap, where'd that rant come from?

CManT1914 said:
(kinda obvious now, especially at redlights where I'm idling)

Same kinda thing with me too but that usually happens when me and the little woman pick up stuff at the drive in window.

I always tell em ......................

"I don't know whats wrong with it! I think a plug wire musta fell off or sumpin"

Grady

everyone really likes my car, especially the sound. I think if i had a 4.6 nobody would really like it. Theres a local guy with a 96 GT Vert, and he sometimes hangs out and races with us, and nobody really likes his car. It doesnt sound good, its slow, and he cant drive.

I would believe the 5.0 motor is definitely a popular one. hands down
and the 4.6 just isn't cool, never was, never will.

But I think it's the body style that's least liked?
that was the impression I always got... matched up to the fox body and the 99-Up, our years were left in the dust :shrug:

they should put a 5.8 in the '05s.

All I gotta say is that I wouldn't trade my red headed step child for any year mustang, starting with the 64 1/2 all the way to the 2006. I love it and this is my baby. I just can't describe the feeling I get when I look outside my window and see my car there, I'm in love. I don't even feel that when I look and my kids or my wife,:rlaugh: The overall shape of the car is awesome. I give props to the other generations, but mine is my favorite. :SNSign: