94 cobra timing?

Ok, today i checked my timing in my 94 cobra and it's advanced far to much for me. It was reading about 22*. This was a red flag for me, seems way to high. I want to set it around 10-12 advanced. Here is my problem, I know how to adjust timing, but I can't get to the bolt holding the dist. in place... I have a curved wrench but there isn't enough clearance. The water pump is in the way on the left and the oil cooler lines are in the way on the right. I'm sure others have come across the same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am really stumped here. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You forgot to remove the SPOUT connector. It's a little gray connector that is near the air box. Remove that so that you can adjust the timing. Get a distributor wrench and you should have no problems loosening the bolt.

Jake

I know about the spout plug, and i have the curved wrenches. That isn't my problem. I can get to the bolt with my wrench but don't have any room to loosen it, i could tighten it if i wanted. i have about 3 inches to work with and can't get a grip on the bolt to loosen...

What I found works good on the dist bolt is a "crows foot"...they can be put on a long extension, along with a swivel, put the crows foot on... and blam...your there..gives you all kinds of mobility to get the mother...

viperos, that is exactally my question, how was my car not pinging with that much advance???? The only answer i can come up with is that the computer might be able to over compensate for the advanced timing???
I dunno?, it sure did run good though, runs pretty much the same now, seems to idle a little rougher.