94 GT with Eibach Sportline springs and need to make changes.. need advice

jruppert

Founding Member
Oct 20, 2001
Michigan
About 10 years ago I replaced the stock springs on my 94 GT with a set of Eibach Sportlines for a fox body Mustang. However I did not change the shocks. 10 years later my shocks are shot and are original to car. I have roughly 130,000 miles on my Mustang and the suspension is all stock except for springs. The car feels like a tank. I know the shocks are bad and in need of replacing but I dont know to what extent of the roughness is contributed to the springs. I dont remember it being that bad when I first put them in but its been such a long time that I really cant remember. So basically what I am wondering is if I should replace both springs and shocks or just the shocks. I like how low the car sits and I do like the firmness but it does appear to be a little too much. I am also considering upgrading the lower control arms when I have the suspension apart. Thanks in advance...

• Sponsors (?)

I've got the Pro-kit instead of the sportlines, so take my comments with a grain of salt, but I too did the spring swap, then did my shocks a year or two later. I went with the Eibach shocks/struts designed to match my springs, and am really happy with the handling (did the rear LCAs too). I added subframes at the same time, so I can't really tell you how much handling improvement was from what component, but it really made a difference. I am a big advocate of buying components that are designed/tuned to work together, so I'd encourage the Eibach shocks/struts to match your springs.