'95 explorer alarm-wont shut off

Notched

Apr 1, 2004
my friends got a 95 explore.. no alarm remote .... she locked car from inside, shut the door, alarm went off.. no reason or explanation to it

we tried to unlock the door, nothing, lock then unlock nothing

alarm shut off after 5 min, tried to start car.. nothing. probably some alarm engine cutoff

i got some tools unplugged battery for 5 min hoping to resset ecu.. nope.. went to open door, alarm sounded.

disconnected battery, sat in car, tried to lock and unlock from inside, alarm still went off

i tried every lock onlock combo, nothing.. sat in car with batt disconnected, then we connected it, and car still wouldn't start

anyone have ANY idea what to do.. she said no one gave her a alarm remote (figure that woul dbe only way to shut off alarm with the remote)... nothing is working

is this some kinda recall? plase help asap

• Sponsors (?)

do you figure this is a stock alarm system or aftermarket?
for some reason, it sounds like it is passively arming (but then ive never had enough money to buy a car with a factory alarm, so i have no idea how those work).

BTW, often disconnecting the battery will often make an alarm go into freak mode when you reconnect the battery (often by default, they program them to do so, as disconnecting a battery while the alarm is armed/goin off is what bad people do.
good luck.

o ok. well im almost positive its stock. has a light ont he fash that flashes like the alarm light... like some cars have. doesnt' look like someone drilled it, so im guessing its factory.

ok well after my friends looked, i looked

the AAA guy found a cutoff or a switch to turn the alarm off under the driver side seat...... how stupid.. lol.. so that got triggered somehow. and nows it all good