96-98 tails on a 95

• Sponsors (?)

The '96 and later tail lights do not go on our cars. Sure, they might plug right in. But they definitely do not belong on there.

Why don't you just install an LS1 in your Stang??? Or better yet, a V-Tec!!!

Dude, I wasn't ragging on you. You are going the RIGHT direction. I was ragging on the idea of putting vertical taillights on our cars to begin with.

Did you read any of my post?

GRGT1994 said:
The '96 and later tail lights do not go on our cars. Sure, they might plug right in. But they definitely do not belong on there.

Why don't you just install an LS1 in your Stang??? Or better yet, a V-Tec!!!

:bs: Should I not have done the Fox TB conversion with a '93 cobra intake since it's the ugle elbow with clearance issues that show's it's an SN95? Give me a break? 96-98 lights are more true to the mustang heritage than the sideways lights that Ford slapped on our cars.

18mustangs said:
:bs: Should I not have done the Fox TB conversion with a '93 cobra intake since it's the ugle elbow with clearance issues that show's it's an SN95? Give me a break? 96-98 lights are more true to the mustang heritage than the sideways lights that Ford slapped on our cars.
:stupid:

I put '96-'98 tails on my 1994 GT 'cause I liked the look and the heritage reason. I kept the originals in a box with the harness in case I ever decide to go back. Besides, I personalized my car with OEM Ford parts, not ghey altezzas.

Any of you '94-'95 purists want to buy my Tri-bars? They're the "factory" look for your GT?

didn't think so.

Stop the :bs: can't we just agree that we love our Mustangs and have a beer? :cheers:

18mustangs said:
96-98 lights are more true to the mustang heritage than the sideways lights that Ford slapped on our cars.

I couldn't have said it better myself. When you think mustang you think vertical, the 99 to 05 all have vertical the classics had vertical. So vertical is not such a horrible thing. Geez the way you people talk its like were putting altezzas on.

I kept my horizontals for 2 reasons:

1) I personally think the horizontals give a wider look to the rear when compared to the verticals. That's just a basic design theory...horizontal lines make things look wider, vertical lines make things look either taller or, in a mustang's case, narrower.

2) I want people to know it's a 94-95 without telling them.

It's all personal preference in the end.