96 COBRA 300HP?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not saying 13.7 is slow but my old 00 2v gt with bolt ons went 13.4 at 103moph. I was asking if that is a good time for a stock 96 Cobra. I think the car has way more left in her. The car is soooo hard to launch. It is eather spin or bog. It realy needs some gears in the rear end.

I'm not saying 13.7 is slow but my old 00 2v gt with bolt ons went 13.4 at 103moph. I was asking if that is a good time for a stock 96 Cobra. I think the car has way more left in her. The car is soooo hard to launch. It is eather spin or bog. It realy needs some gears in the rear end.

A bolt on 2v is going to be faster than a stock 96-98 4V with drivers being equal. Your time is very good for a stock 4V despite what four six said.

My bolt on 2v only put down 263hp and 304tq with every bolt except headers. I am thinking My Cobra is puting down around 260 stock. The only major dif. being wheels and tires. My cobra has 18" rims with bald tires on them. I am very happy with the rt and mph my car laid down.

Yes and your 2V had more rwtq(many do in stock form too) than a stock 4V which is why it tends to get down the 1/4 quicker. The B head 4V has less torque in stock form and the same rwhp as your old 2V.
However, the 4V relies on the higher breathing hp to get the job done. That is why the C head Cobra ran 13.4-13.5's in stock form as they had more rwtq and rwhp. In a way Torque= how much work and engine can do and HP= how fast it can do it.

Its not necessarily that the ealy 4V's made less torque that the later PI headed 2V's (they make slightly more actually) its that said torque comes on somewhat later in the power band by comparison. A few guys have experimented with modifying the IMRC motors to allow the plates to open a little later on in the power band that they're set up from the factory (approx 4,000-4,200RPM). This is said to improve torque, throttle response and in town fuel economy greatly accross the board with the early B-headed DOHC engines.

I might consider looking into that before going too drastic with the rear gears. Especially if this Mustang is going to spend any time on the highway and is expected to retain any sort of fuel economy.

I made 305hp without cats and 300hp with cats at the rear wheel. On my 97 Cobra. The set-up I have are bbk Lt, O/R H-pipes, pullies with timing adj. pro-m 80, 62 tb, Accel coil pack. MSD dis-4 w tach ad. 300hp with cats and X-pipes and a good tune-up.

im just going to watch again tonight since they have gamblers starting at 8. and i wont be able to make it up there untill probably 6 and im guessing there will be a good amount of people becaue of the holiday weekend