96 gt, 13's??????

narib_16

Aug 20, 2003
hi, im currently thinking about getting a 96 gt, although i heard these are the slowest v8 stangs. I just want too know what you guys think i could do in the quarter with these mods,

full exhaust, bbk shorty headers, x-pipe high flow, 2 chamber flows
pi heads port and polished, with intake manifold,dragon plenum,bbk 75mm tb,densecharger,4.10's,

Thats probablly it for mods for now,How much would you say that would cost do you think just for the mods, and think i would get into mid 13's?

• Sponsors (?)

just wondering i saw on ebay pi heads with cams and intake for 550 buy it now, is that a good deal? i thought it was, maybe it didnt include anything... then i saw another kit from some company that goes for 1200. So im not sure what too think about that.Im really looking too get just into the 13's but if i could do 12's thats even better.... Also my friend has a 96 with /i/h/e pulleys 3.73's and thb.But that thing seems so slow, but it has like 140k on it and seems really beat too death.Is that right shouldnt it be like a mid 14's car?

narib_16 said:
hi, im currently thinking about getting a 96 gt, although i heard these are the slowest v8 stangs. I just want too know what you guys think i could do in the quarter with these mods,

full exhaust, bbk shorty headers, x-pipe high flow, 2 chamber flows
pi heads port and polished, with intake manifold,dragon plenum,bbk 75mm tb,densecharger,4.10's,

Thats probablly it for mods for now,How much would you say that would cost do you think just for the mods, and think i would get into mid 13's?

If your doing the PI headswap yes you should hit mid 13's I would forget about the shorty headers shorties don't improve much performance if your going to do headers go with LT's they are a proven power gain. I haven't done a shorty header install on a modular, but I haven't seen any info that can hold a candle to LT's for power gains...

The rest of your mods look good and it seems you've got a good idea on where to go FYI with the headswap you'll be at a higher compression that a 99+ with PI's due to the piston's so you'll actually make more power N/A and less power if you decide to go boosted later on.

I would also get some sticky tires or do some suspension mods with those 410's it'll be difficult to pull low 60's but with some good traction mods I'd say it wouldn't be too hard to hit low 13's high 12's

Good luck :nice:

With my mods I managed my times in my sig. This is without the PI heads. I really hope next year with a few more boltons, and DRs I can break into the 13s.
There is a couple of guys on here that got in the 13s without a headswap I think :shrug:

Kevin

cap42 said:
If your doing the PI headswap yes you should hit mid 13's I would forget about the shorty headers shorties don't improve much performance if your going to do headers go with LT's they are a proven power gain. I haven't done a shorty header install on a modular, but I haven't seen any info that can hold a candle to LT's for power gains...

The rest of your mods look good and it seems you've got a good idea on where to go FYI with the headswap you'll be at a higher compression that a 99+ with PI's due to the piston's so you'll actually make more power N/A and less power if you decide to go boosted later on.

I would also get some sticky tires or do some suspension mods with those 410's it'll be difficult to pull low 60's but with some good traction mods I'd say it wouldn't be too hard to hit low 13's high 12's

Good luck :nice:

ya im gonna stay n/a. actually a high compression engine is better for hp on boost,but there is also the chance of detonation.So thats why im stick NA, plus i think na is more reliable, and i like the fact that i can do most of the work myself,because i have done it before