97-04 fan upgrade

Big Show 96

Oct 26, 2008
Louisiana
I melted the plug out of my fan on the way to work today and was wondering what is needed to upgrade to a 97-04 style fan.

1996 GT

BBK CAI
BBk 75mm TB
BBK O/R H-PIPE
40 series flows
Steeda UDP
Ford racing C springs
Ford racing Alumn Drv Shaft
01 long block:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

96-04 fans are the same.

I just had to deal with the BS all summer. My fan plug melted and caused everything to mess up.

when the plug melts that is because the fan is failing, you need to replace the plug and fan.

You can get another plus from a junk yard a splice it on (thats what i did) or buy a new plug and splice it on. You will also need a new fan.

Good luck

96-04 fans are the same.

Thanks for the info. I went to advance auto parts online & they offered a fan for 94-96 & one for 97-04. I know there is a difference in radiators but didn't know the fans where the same. I'll be junk yarding in the morning!!

BBk CAI
BBK 75mm TB
BBK O/R H-PIPE
40 series flows
Steeda UDP
Ford racing C springs
Ford racing Alumn Drv Shaft
01 long block:hail2:

I have a friend that builds mustangs ( salvage ) & we compared the two fans 96 verses 97 -04. The 94-96 is the same & is smaller than the 97-04 fans. The plugs & mounts look the same but I'm not sure if you need the 97-04 radiator which is a little bigger to make it mount properly. The 97-04 fans look totally different from the 94-96 fans.