98 Cobra ?

Maxboost50

Founding Member
May 8, 2002
Louisiana
I'm interested in buying a 98 Cobra, but 98 is fairly old for anyone to finance, and I just don't have $15K laying around. I was just wondering if anyone has bought an older car, and financed it? Who did you finance through?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the replies guys. Maybe there is hope. My alternative would have been to get a 2003 Cobra convertible. I can't see paying that much. Although, it is very nice. The wife would have a hard time swallowing that pill. We did look at one the other day, and she actually commented that it looked nice. That is alot from her considering she hates my hobby.

I bought my 97 last year for 14k and got financed through national city for 4 years... I wanted five years so I refinanced through capital one auto finance. they did not even ask what car I was financing.. just asked how much and then checked my credit... once aproved they sent a check for me to send to my original bank... if you are buying from a dealer, their interest rate for 37-60 months in 4.65...

if you want to check them out, go to http://www.capitaloneautofinance.com

you can even estimate you payments...

I am actually in the process of trying to get financed for a 98 Cobra, I have $6,000 to put down and the one I want is selling for $11,995 and it has 58K on it, so if I don't get financed I am going to die, I have sucky credit. Good luck for you and I both bro!

i bought my 97 last year and got it financed...however...it was a larger used car lot and i believe that the own the finace company or are related in some way...its not a buy here pay here deal and does show on my credit....too bad my credit sucks and my interest rate is insane......but the funny thing is .... i forget all about that when i hammer down on the skinny pedal lol