98 GT

I just got a 98 gt convertible. It has been a few years since I had to sell my 90 LX so I am glad to get back in the game. Pics will come soon. I plan for this to be my project car. I want to start with some immediate performance upgrades but since my budget is a little tight i was thinking about just starting with a CAI. Anyone have one for a 98 or another year close and recommend a certain model?

• Sponsors (?)

The silencer is the snout looking thing sticking off the side of the housing holding the filter. It does no harm to remove at all.

Other cheap bolt ons: offroad midpipe, PI cams, PI intake, underdrive pulleys. After you get that stuff done (or before if you want, but you won't get as much out of it), get a programmer/custom tune. I noticed a huge gain just from the programmer back before I had the blower, mainly in the transmission shift points and firmness.

Lots of people recommend the J-Mod (firms up the shifts), and I plan to do it soon, but haven't yet, so I can't comment just yet. Gears will also give a big boost in performance.