99/01 Cobra Aluminum Driveshaft

95 yellow 5 0

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2002
CT
Does anyone know who makes them besides Griggs Racing? They want $389.99 for it and I refuse.
Any have a 99/01 with 4.10s and stock d/s? I do a little beating on the car here and there. Not constant, but I like to bring out 1 and 2nd quite often. Occassionally 3rd on the highway. I mean I have all these parts and don't know what I gotta do to make it work on the 01.
I'll end up selling the 4.10 ring and pinion, installation kit, 94-04 FRPP aluminum d/s, pro 5.0 shifter, and speedometer gear on Ebay as a package.

• Sponsors (?)

the price of steel has doubled. it's ridiculous. Aluminum Driveshafts used to be $156.99 in Summit Racing and last year I bought the same exact one and it cost $270 on Ebay. You don't think that's BS to pay 400 bucks for a driveshaft, when they used to be a 1/3 of the price?

You don't have to upgrade your driveshaft when installing gears (but it's not a bad idea). For the '01, it might take a little custom work to get the FRPP alum driveshaft to fit properly (ie - shortening it down).

Yes, you are right about the price of steel/metal increasing, which led to FRPP jacking up the price for their aluminum driveshaft. :doh:

If you think the FRPP aluminum driveshaft is expensive, try purchasing a carbon fiber driveshaft from PST. :D

COBRA90GT said:
You don't have to upgrade your driveshaft when installing gears (but it's not a bad idea). For the '01, it might take a little custom work to get the FRPP alum driveshaft to fit properly (ie - shortening it down).

Yes, you are right about the price of steel/metal increasing, which led to FRPP jacking up the price for their aluminum driveshaft. :doh:

If you think the FRPP aluminum driveshaft is expensive, try purchasing a carbon fiber driveshaft from PST. :D

i mean you still feel vibration with the aluminum one at high speeds but I don't wanna really test the stock one out the way I drive...
What is the worst that could happen if I kept the stock one in? It just breaks and then I go an buy a better one?
I'm gonna try and see about shortening the one I have or I'd sell it to my friend with an 03 GT.

carbon fiber driveshaft that costs as much as nitrous and a dyno tune !! def won't ever be owning one of those