A/C blowing out of defrost vents

93lx

Nov 23, 2000
Help! Recently my air conditioning started blowing out of the defrost vents in front of the windshield. It is still blowing cold air but will not come out of the regular dash vents. Has something come loose? What should I look for and how involved is fixing this.

Thanks in advance,

93lx

• Sponsors (?)

Daggar said:
My dollar is on this being the culprit. :stupid:

I bet $10 also...

This happened to me twice, once the hose connected to the small vac splitter inside the dashboard came loose, so I opened the dash, unclipped the splitter from the left side of the inside of the dash, and stuck the loose hose back on.

The second time it happened, the hardline in the engine bay broke, so I went over to Oreilys and bought a hose kit, and a bunch of the assorted hose attachments, and found that the hard line broke right off the Vac tree, right above the Brake Booster. Check that hardline, then check the 4 way splitter that runs to the Smog, AC stuff, and then check the little splitter on the inside of the dash, and one of those will be loose, or broken.

Have to know how to fix your AC in Texas, or else you die instantly. :(

I had the exact same problem. If you look on the driver side firewall at the tree that is labeled "A/C" check and make sure that line didn't come off. Follow it the entire way. Mine became unplugged by accident during my h/c/i swap...