A/C conversion ?

92 LX

Nov 10, 2004
I was searching thru the strings but couldn't find any info on the 134A conversion kits 5.0 Resto sells by hose wizard. Have any of you guys used this? Pros? Cons?
Stay with the R 12? I guess I should give you all a little more info. I got my car's A/C "fixed" about two years ago. My mechanic did it for me. It was blowing cool-not cold and he said everything checks out ok, and said the heater door must not be closing properly. I think he used Freeze 12. Well the other day it stopped blowing cool. My buddy says I should just buy the kit because the o rings for the "12" aren't worth a sh**. The kit's not cheap $800, but I want something that's going to last so I can be cool and my old lady won't ride my a$$. Any opinions are appreciated.

A sweaty thanks to you all.

• Sponsors (?)

Never used the hose wizard kit myself, but i been in a car where it was used.
Far superior to what you are ever going to get our old system to do.

They have one system on sale "with stock belt" for $699. That's not bad at all for all new parts.
I wouldn't worry about the belt, since the one with a short belt is 750, but in all reality the belt will be wrong anyhow.
Our cars have alot of belt inconsistancies, and one size never fits all.

I just put the kit in my car last Monday. Everything worked great! Only issue is that you have to cut/grind the little nub off the front OEM bracket at the top hole (would have been nice to know before hand), and have to turn around the rear bracket to get the supplied mount to fit. Compressor already comes with oil. Have to run 2 wires, one from the + a/c circuit wire to one tab on the little connector in the line (forgot what it's called) and then one wire from the other tab on the connector back to the compressor (single wire connector on the compressor). I just went to the auto store and bought some 134 and filled on the blue connector. System takes 24Oz. Oh and you'll need a allen wrench for the fitting on the back of the compressor.

I really liked the hand written directions! But they did have the guys number on there for support. He actually answered an helped me out!