a/c not working

ok so i replaced my high and low pressure switches and even my ccrm (btw switched all of these out at different times) and still my a/c will not work. the compressor wont even kick on and its got freon in it. so what else could my problem be? could the compressor be bad.

• Sponsors (?)

Have you confirmed fuse F2.23, F2.2, and F1.24? (F1=BJB, F2=CJB)

Have you tested the AC clutch itself? Send +12 volts directly to the clutch to verify function. BK/YE wire at the CCRM.

Verify +12 volts at the AC pressure switch DG/OG wire (post).

Verify continutity at the high pressure switch terminals 1/4 and 2/3 (post).

Monitor the PCM with an ODB2 scanner. Confirm that the PCM is calling for AC.

If all of the above is good, may be the function selector switch in the dash. Depending upon other tests results, the problem can be narrowed down.

Attachments

• diagram-54-2.pdf
    18.2 KB · Views: 750
  • diagram-54-4.pdf
    15.5 KB · Views: 548
Reactions: 1 user
ok so i stand corrected, i just checked fuse 23 and it was blown. but i know when i went and checked previously it wasnt blown. so apparently it was the ccrm too. so i replaced the fuse and started the a/c but the compressor still didnt kick on. so i jumped the low pressure switch (the one near the condenssor) and the compressor kicked on. but the a/c is still not blowing cold. so should i try to recharge the a/c.

Have you confirmed fuse F2.23, F2.2, and F1.24? (F1=BJB, F2=CJB)

Have you tested the AC clutch itself? Send +12 volts directly to the clutch to verify function. BK/YE wire at the CCRM.

Verify +12 volts at the AC pressure switch DG/OG wire (post).

Verify continutity at the high pressure switch terminals 1/4 and 2/3 (post).

Monitor the PCM with an ODB2 scanner. Confirm that the PCM is calling for AC.

If all of the above is good, may be the function selector switch in the dash. Depending upon other tests results, the problem can be narrowed down.
Can you give more explanation how to test all those things please? I have never gone this deep. I can only change spark plugs and wires and oil.