Resolved A/C troubles

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator
  • Sponsors (?)

Vac line issue. Black line passes through the rubber grommet on the firewall and feeds the HVAC controls. From there, the various registers/diverters get activated based on the selector position

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Vacuum lines are not dangerous. If the line has come off you need to locate it and reconnect.

Start at the engine bay along the firewall. On the pass side the heater core pokes through the firewall. In the same grommet, is a small black vac line. Is it connected to the main lines in the engine bay?

If so, your next stop is pulling the hvac panel out and making sure those vac lines are properly connected.

Let's see,
Nope, not difficult at all, the black plastic vac line starts at the tree on the firewall (if nothings been fussed with under the hood)
Ok, Mike posted first :doh:
the only danger is your helper poking you in the eye when they hand you the new vac line :jester:

Vacuum lines are not dangerous. If the line has come off you need to locate it and reconnect.

Start at the engine bay along the firewall. On the pass side the heater core pokes through the firewall. In the same grommet, is a small black vac line. Is it connected to the main lines in the engine bay?

If so, your next stop is pulling the hvac panel out and making sure those vac lines are properly connected.
Thank you ! There was a yellow vac line that I must have disconnected when I replaced the temp contol cable. Oi reattached that and it good to go ! Thank you for all your help and time !!

Thank you ! There was a yellow vac line that I must have disconnected when I replaced the temp contol cable. Oi reattached that and it good to go ! Thank you for all your help and time !!

Reactions: 1 user