A/F ratio meter help needed.

Ok, so I have an Autometer A/F ratio meter and have yet to get it hooked up correctly, so now I'm turning to you guys for help. What wire do I hook the purple(signal wire) to. I've got a Hanes manual but the wiring diagram in the back is way less than helpfull and I'm going to have my exhaust out this weekend and want to do it while I have the room. Thanks for the help.

Jaybird

• Sponsors (?)

you need a wideband O2 sensor for the gauge to work properly or else its just gonna be a light show like how I had mine hooked up before i bought the kit from dynotunenitrous.com to actually have the gauge read accurate a/f ratios.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=151

but if you just want to hook it up like it is to the ecu here is the link for the layout and i believe it is the red/black wire #87 on the ecu

http://forums.mightymustangs.net/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1427

Dope 97GT said:
but if you just want to hook it up like it is to the ecu here is the link for the layout and i believe it is the red/black wire

... and can be found behind the passenger side kick panel connecting into the PCM. Enjoy the light show :D

PDRM1370.jpg

Attachments

• PDRM1370.jpg
    PDRM1370.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 43
well thats a big kick in the nuts. It seems like you have to have an adapter or an interface or some little black box to do anything to these ECU's. Couls I just go to autozone and get some bosch wide band O2 sensores and be done or will the computer not recognize them and give me a check light? Thanks for the help.

Jaybird

nope, wouldn't work for the computer or the gauge.
Wideband O2 sensors generally start at 150$, and still requires a black box to make the sensor work, and the heaters inside do as they are suppose to, and of course it will have to be calibrated for that sensor and so on....

jayssilver4.6 said:
well thats a big kick in the nuts. It seems like you have to have an adapter or an interface or some little black box to do anything to these ECU's. Couls I just go to autozone and get some bosch wide band O2 sensores and be done or will the computer not recognize them and give me a check light? Thanks for the help.

Jaybird