A female friend of mine got creamed on the highway by a trucker tonight..

n8rsk8r

Dec 23, 2004
TwiLight zOne!!
Here is the damage. It is a 2002 and a six banger.
View attachment 480609

View attachment 480610
She would need a new hood both bags popped, fender twisted up, no front bumper, it looks not that bad, but could be pretty bad, back window is shattered! She said the interior is fine, don't know bout the frame or engine and tranny. Do you guys think it can be rebuilt? I wonder since the rear window shattered if that means teh body is twisted?!?:shrug: I dunno, but she doesn't have the money to get a new car, and I think the damages are going to put her over what it is worth. What do you think?

EDIT! And a passenger door also!

• Sponsors (?)

When I got hit by a truck too(I was standing still and letting him turn when his rear wheel hooked me). I had to replace the driver side fender, headlight, bumper, grill. That costed me $1300 and I got estimates up to $2500.

How many miles does it have. If it's only body damage then she would be able to fix it, but it might be $4000-$5000 to do everything. Who knows how the frame/trans/engine is. It might actually end up being totaled. :(

Yeah. I want to see if I can piece the parts together for her, door, hood, front bumber and cover, fenders. I could do the wrenching with the help of her dad on the doors. She loved that car, she is all banged up too. I was kinda hoping after the estimates some of the good stangnet folks could point me in the right direction for some cheap parts. We will see what they say tomorrow.

Mine was damaged in pretty much the same way once.. I rear-ended a minivan at 40 mph; the front was all smashed up, over $7000 in damage, but the car was not totaled. The driver's door popped when it opened, because the part in front of the door pushed back. It did have to go up on the rack to get the frame straightened out. It was only 2 years old at the time and still had some value. It was fixed and did not go on the title. So, you never can tell.. just let the insurance guys poke over it and be thankful you weren't hurt..