a-ha! Found the noise in my suspension!

Don't know how I missed this when I pulled the wheels off about 6 months ago, but the spring perch bushings are completely shot, think I may go ahead with some roller perches, and replace the springs with lighter ones than the 620's. Looking back I can't belive the suspension kit didn't come with new bushings etc. Also what do you guys think about the ball joints..the upper ones were replaced with the kit no more than 7k ago, but the rubber seal is completely gone, looks like partially because of the angle the negative wedge kit puts on it. Are there better replacement boots, or should I be getting new ball joints? What about the bottom ones, same thing on the rubber boots, looks like their compressed to the point it's causing them to crack etc.

Any recs on replacement springs that won't lower the car 1", I have enough clearance/rubbing issues with the 235/45/17 tires, especially on the ds. I'm just glad to have found the culprit of the noise coming from the suspension and know where to start now.

Attachments

• mustang suspension pics 002.jpg
    mustang suspension pics 002.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 125
  • mustang suspension pics 003.jpg
    mustang suspension pics 003.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Sponsors (?)

BTW, here's a picture of my stang...

since i've never posted a picture of it, paints worse now than when this picture was taken.....Hopefully someday I can get it looking like a lot of your guys' on the forum. Almost wish I was still renting so I had a lot more disposable income.....damn N. California housing prices. I loved some of the Fiero seat upgrades a couple of you have done....I'm going to have to check pick and pull next time I'm there.

Attachments

• Christmas 081.jpg
    Christmas 081.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 103
  • mustang suspension pics 005.jpg
    mustang suspension pics 005.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 109
tire wear

also, heres a pic of how the front tires wore within just a few thousand miles. I definitely don't want to buy tires that often. What should I do to make sure this type of wear doesn't happen again, a good alignment after replacing the spring perches/or bushings are already in the works. I wish I had seen the wear happening, but because it was so far on the inside and the ouside looked new I didn't see it until I pulled a wheel after it was too late.