A night of street racing.(long story)

King Cobra 22

Feb 29, 2004
A night of street racing.(Very long story)

The other day I was out driving with my friend and we decided to go to his house.On the way to his house there is this 2 mile long road that is kind of out in the woods with usually no cars driving on it.It's a single lane road also.one way going out and one way coming back.Well anyway,When we made the turn there was this civic revving his engine like crazy.So I figured he wanted to race me.I thought about it and told myself it wasn't worth it.He then started riding my azz and revving and it was getting pretty annoying so I slowed down to about 10mph signaling him to get on the other lane(there were no cars on the road except us) He wouldn't get over he just kept revving.So I just took off and left him behind pretty far.I figure he would do the same but he didn't.Anyway the road is a dead end road.I past my friends house and the civic caught up and started following me.When I get to the dead end he parks right behind me and I couldn't back up.I see the guy in the civic get out of his car and started walking over to my car.He had a very pissed off face.My friend was telling me it looks like he wanted to fight me or something.The way he was coming over to my car looked like he wanted to do something.So I get out of my mustang with my fists balled up,I was getting all pumped(you know the rush you get when your about to fight)I was about 3 feet from him and thought he was gonna throw a punch first but it turned out to be a hand shake.He introduced himself and he turned out to be a friendly guy.We stood there talking about cars and we checked each others car out.He he had exhaust,intake and a 2.0L twin cam engine.My car is a 94 gt auto with 4:10's,shift kit set at hardest setting,2200 stall converter,full exhaust,intake and pulleys.The guy in the civic told me he would of took off after me and probably would of passed me.
I said why didn't you? and he told me he didn't like racing from a roll.He said he had a really strong first and second gear.He then told me it would be a close race betwwen me and him because his car is a stick and mine is an auto plus his is a twin cam :rolleyes: I told him let's race right now and find out.There were no cars on the road at all.He then made an excuse and said "I can't because peole might call the cops on me because I live on this street." There were hardly any houses on that street.He then told me to meet him at a local street racing spot at 12:00 midnight.He then said we can do some betting and also said he'll be there just look for his car. I agreed.Well,I went to pick up my friend to come with me and we get to the spot at 12:00.I didn't see him.I waited there and watched some races and still I did not see him.I waited for about an hour and decided to leave with my friend.My friend knew where he lived(they live on the same street) so we decided to go to the guys house.We get there and him and another buddy were outside his house.I pull in his driveway and he told me he couldn't make it.His friend has a new civic si with an inatake,exhaust and a shifter.The guy with an si was a big ***** talker.He was telling me how he beats mustangs all the time in his si and the si is so fast blah blah blah.Anyway,the guy with the civic that I met and his friend in the si decided to race on that road.The guy I met was right,he took the si in first and second gear but the si pulled after that.The guy in the si comes out talking about how his v-tec kicked in and he'll pull on me once his v-tec kicks in.They asked to race but I declined.The road has no street lights and my friend and I wanted to pick up a video recorder to record the race.We are all gonna race either wed or thur which ever day my friend gets the video recorder.It will be in the day time too.

After that we went for a little cruise around town and we see this probe gt with a really loud exhaust speeding bye.I catch him a stop light and wait for him to revv.He din't do anything so I figured he didn't want to race.Light turns green and he takes off.I take off normal.My friends pressuring me to race him so I catch up and pull up beside him going 50 mph.(please remember there were little to no cars out 3-4 am)at a 50 mph roll I here him take off and I do the same I pull a good 5 cars on him all the way up to 90-100 mph.I was gonna quit earlier but once I had my foot slammed on the pedal it's like my foot was glued on it and I didn't want to let off.I slow down and he does the ricer fly bye.About an 1/8 mile down the road he hits a red light.I pull up next to him.He looks at me and says "o.k..you think your fast...lets go right here." i told him o,k.I look over and see hi hand on the stick.I decided not to launch my auto.The light turns green and he gets the jump I stomp the gas which was a big no no.4:10's + converter+ bad tires = no traction.I was spinning mt tires like crazy.He pulled on me from the start
and when my car shifted,chirped the tires and regained traction i pulled on him real hard and very fast and left him pretty far behind.I slowed down to give him the thumbs up and he flicks me off and makes a turn.All in all I had a pretty good time that night.

When I race the 2 civics with my mods I should be able to take both of them corerect? The new civic si with intake,exhaust and shifter.Not to mention the guy in the civic si is not that good of a driver.He's just learned stick a few months ago and he said something like he isn't that good at slipping the clutch and he comes dropping the clutch.

Also what can I do to help out with traction? some good tires?

Sorry for such a very very long story.
For those of you who took the time to read it I hope you enjoyed it a little.

• Sponsors (?)

Dude what are you thinking? Why are you even wasting your time with those ricers? If you want some competition go to a track or to a mustang or camaro meet or something. You will get some real competion there. Why are you driving around town to race **** talkers? If they think their little four banger is so fast cuz if its v-tech let em think that. There are millions of those ****ers out there. Tell him its not worth your gas until he gets a turbo and maybe a 100 shot of N2O. Seriously.

My first kill was a Civic SI. My 95 GT was completely stock, and I blew his doors off like he was standing still.

Naturally aspirated 4 bangers, are, well, worthless when it comes to performance against a V8.

I have a friend who spent thousands of dollars for the some H22 something motor (the prelude motor) in his civic. We raced from a 40, and I just pulled away like he was standing still. He ran a 10.8 in the 1/8 mile, what a waste of money. My car did 9.6 completely stock.

Please be careful. We've all done it one time or another, but street racing is very dangerous. Think about this: the guys you are racing against w/the taco rockets seem to be genetically-not-so-gifted. So why would you want to be on the same road as them when they are going over 90mph? We've all heard/seen horror stories and I'd just hate to hear another one b/c of some stroke couldn't handle his grocery-getter. If you can, take it to a track...and take pics!

tell them that the racing on the road will cost them, take it to the track and its free. i mean betting wise. bet him like a hundred bucks to do it on the street. garauntee you, that they both will chicken out.

I think you blew your chance if you wanted to race them.... when they see the camera the excuses will fly. They don't want PROOF that they lost.... they want to be able to "TALK". Pictures are worth a thousand words, videos are worth millions.

Tell them you'll meet them at the track where they can race MANY Mustangs and get a TON of kills all in one night. :rolleyes:

I decided that I will go see the civic guys on thursday and set up a time to go race at the track.At least it's legal.Hopefully they'll still be willing to bet me money.I could use some extra cash.

I never knew the new civic si was that slow.They were making it sound like it was so damn fast.The guy with the si kept saying I always beat mustangs and he kept mentioning to me that he had
v-tec and he was gonna pull on me real hard after 2nd gear.The guy in the twin cam civic was telling me he was going to take me through first and second gear.
I'm just gonna go along whith what they're saying,make the bet,hopefully beat both of them and have it on camera this way I can rub it in.But we all know ricers thease days...they'll come up with an excuse like...I missed a shift ...or...some other bs excuse.
But at the track we'll race more then one time ...so the excuses will eventually run out.

Carefull when you pull up to this
attachment.php

Attachments

• prostreetaccord.jpg
    prostreetaccord.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 315
Black70Fastback said:
whats it cost to run at a local track by you? bet the the admission cost for the race. if the win, they race for free.

you might as well have them get you an advance ticket though. lol

It cost $10 to race.Thats a good idea about racing for the admission cost.
I just hope they don't back off on the bet.

fiveo'cobra said:
Dude what are you thinking? Why are you even wasting your time with those ricers? If you want some competition go to a track or to a mustang or camaro meet or something. You will get some real competion there. Why are you driving around town to race **** talkers? If they think their little four banger is so fast cuz if its v-tech let em think that. There are millions of those ****ers out there. Tell him its not worth your gas until he gets a turbo and maybe a 100 shot of N2O. Seriously.

Uhh seriously, I don't know how it is where you live but a civic w/ a turbo and a 100 shot would kill his mustang by bus lengths. I've already seen stock motored civics with turbo kits go mid to low twelves here. Not to mention a K20 swapped integra running mid twelves on a 100. Or a N/A honda cutting 1.73 60 ft times and running a 8.3 in the eight.