A Notch & a Mach.....PICS!!!

• Sponsors (?)

hey epik nice rydes....

IVe been looking at a 2003 mach1 as well, for my summer DD. After owning the fox do you still like the mach1? does it have enough grunt for you? would you have rather bought a GT for 7K and thrwon a blower on that to save money?

let me know whatchu stink?
His Mach is prolly a hair quicker but has all the power options, working A/C, WAY better suspension, WAY better brakes, faster, quieter and tighter then the Fox.

I like his Fox but IMO its no comparison to the Mach, especially his Mach. :shrug:

His Mach is prolly a hair quicker but has all the power options, working A/C, WAY better suspension, WAY better brakes, faster, quieter and tighter then the Fox.

I like his Fox but IMO its no comparison to the Mach, especially his Mach. :shrug:

+1

After working on my 5.0 like crazy the last few weeks...i really miss the "refined" feel of my '03 GT.

If the 5.0 wasn't sentimental to me because it was my first car ever, i'd sell it and buy an Azure blue mach 1 that i wanted since it came out in 2003

Awwww, look. The notch and the Mach are kissing... :D

LOL!!! It looks closer than they actually were....

hey epik nice rydes....

IVe been looking at a 2003 mach1 as well, for my summer DD. After owning the fox do you still like the mach1? does it have enough grunt for you? would you have rather bought a GT for 7K and thrwon a blower on that to save money?

let me know whatchu stink?

Thanks S&B...

I still, & will always love the Mach. It has plenty of grunt for me, & the power is totally different than the Fox. While my notch will roast the tires off, & it has tons of low end grunt, it falls off @ 6000k, but the Mach starts to pull @ 3500k & pulls all the way to 6800k... The 99-04 GT's are nice & all, & no disrespect to the 2V owners, its a good reliable motor, but after owning a 4V, I could never go back to a 2V motor unless it was fully built with boost, & thats not very cheap...

Consider this, your average 2V with a Vortech @ 8psi will put down 350rwhp-400rwhp on a safe & conservative tune. Anything over that, the stock glass jaw bottom end is on borrowed time. But my Mach 1 has nothing other than full exhaust, C&L maf, & a tune, & it puts down 315rwhp & 327rwtq... With a blower, it would easily put down 425rwhp-475rwhp on 8 psi, but unfortunately it has the same crap rods & pistons than the 2V, plus it has higher compression, so its not very blower friendly...

As far as buying the Mach for a DD, I say go for it, I guarantee you will not be disappointed with the power & smoothness, even in stock form.... The usually will throw down 270-285rwhp & 280-295rwtq bone stock, while 2V's are in the 235rwhp range stock...

Gotta ask, which is the fav?

Honestly, I love em both just as much, but for different reasons...

The spoiler on the mach is tasty. Well done.

Nice stable man! :drool:

Thanks guys....:D

Thanks Laser... I am honestly starting to think the Fox is quicker, simply because of the weight advantage. 350lbs lighter than the Mach, with only a hair less power...

But its like you said, the Mach is much more refined....

+1

After working on my 5.0 like crazy the last few weeks...i really miss the "refined" feel of my '03 GT.

If the 5.0 wasn't sentimental to me because it was my first car ever, i'd sell it and buy an Azure blue mach 1 that i wanted since it came out in 2003

Trade in the infinity for the AB Mach:nice:

I'd seriously love to have a Mach. There is a guy in town here with an AB, I swear the dish on the back wheels is deep enough to fit your head into. He's always piping the exhaust, as if he's taunting anyone near him. I love it.

AAAAHHHHH !!!!

Bringing a thread back to life.
LOVE those cars man, they are 2 of my favorites.
They are such my favorites that I decided to put them together.
Here is what would happen if your cars had a child together !!!

Attachments

• Cool View.jpg
    Cool View.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: 1 user
WOW!!! that car is pretty sexy man. I will admit, I'm not really digging the wing, chin spoiler, or the rear louvers, but overall a bad@ss rendition....:hail2: Azure Blue looks great on a fox...

Any shots from the front with the hood closed?

Thanks for the compliments...

Here are some more toward the end of working on it. This is where it all was coming together. I changed the headlights since these pics back to the original sealed beam type. My girl liked the ones in these pics but I hated them. Most people don't like spoilers on a notch so I completely understand not wanting it there. But I was trying to do an accurate Mach 1 recreation. The spoiler is from a 69 Mach 1, the chin spoiler is from a 72 mach 1. And the louvers are a nice Mach oriented piece too. Plus they were very hard to find for a coupe. The seats have Mach style upholstery, and it has a Cobra IRS. That would be the only non-Mach part of it, but I just wanted the extra trick factor. Thank you all for the kind comments, and I am sorry about thread jacking, but Like I said , I love Mach's and Fox's. Those really are 2 great cars you got there !!!

Attachments

• IMG_4720.jpg
    IMG_4720.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4721.jpg
    IMG_4721.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 61