A public thanks to Heavygt for NHRA tickets

Emay

Oct 4, 2006
South Elgin, IL
Shooting a quick thanks to Glenn for arranging 2 passes into the NHRA Nationals at Route 66 raceway this past weekend.

I haven't made it to the event in several years, so it was a blast.

Thanks again Glenn. I musta filled (2) 4 gigabite memory cards, insane how much there was to photograph..

Here's a couple..

img7050cj9.jpg

img7033kh1.jpg

img7049rf9.jpg

img6996oo1.jpg

img7079lt1.jpg

img7016kj9.jpg

img6975yu0.jpg

img7082li5.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome pics! I can't wait until October, when they roll through VA again!!!!! It is awesome to witness in person! When the Top Fuel and Funny Cars run, it feels as if your brains are going to liquify and ooze out of your ears:D Now that is ground pounding power...some 15,000 HP between the 2 cars on each run!!!!!:hail2:
I love the fact that you can stroll the pits and watch them franticaly working on tearing apart and rebuilding the cars in under 45 minutes. Then to be there as they light them up as you are standing within 20 feet of them:D

Great pics Erin...glad you had a good time and you're very welcome for the passes. Next time we'll have to go together and I'll introduce you to John Force and Ashley. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with my car. Hopefully I won't become to much of a pain in the ass for you. Talk to you soon.

Oh ya, Emay gave me a ride in his black Eleanor on Sunday and for anybody on this site wondering about his car, I can described riding in his car in two words...

VIOLENTLY FAST :D

Glenn, it may seem violently fast to you, but as owner driver you become used to the speed and it becomes normal.

What I'm saying is, I want more...

Oh, and I'm holding you to the introduction of Ashley, leave John out of it.. Ashley will suffice my man..

I remember the first time I ever went to a NHRA race.. I was just walking around and didn't know they were ready to start the first race.

They started up a top fuel car and it scrared the crap out of me.. this describes it prefectly...it feels as if your brains are going to liquify and ooze out of your ears.

There is just nothing that matches the sound or feeling.. I can't wait until the end of July.. Seattle here I come...
:nice:

I remember the first time I was at an NHRA event. Me and a buddy were walking around in back watching the crews work on the cars. All of a sudden a group of people started backing a way from one of the top fuels. We just stood there and all of a sudden one of the guys started it up and WOW. Then from whatever they run(alcohol I think?) , We both started crying from the gases, it was pretty funny:D