a really bad month..a few new updates...#1

MI95Cobra

Aug 20, 2006
Oklahoma City
well about 4 months ago or so i mentioned when i got my rpm's up it kind of stalled alittle...someone mentioned a possible vaccum leak...well i fried 2 rotor bugs...1 was an MSD and the other was a Borg Warner within 2 weeks...well i took it to a local mechanic that my girlfriend's family has used for years for a free estimation....that night when i was at work i got a call from the mechanic shop who said it was my distributor (the bushing is bad in it) and they can get an oem one for my cobra from a local dealership for $450 and they would charge me $110 to put it in...i was like thats ok, i can do it myself....well the next day i had to take off work for court ( it was dhs for the kids and i'll tell it in another story) and had to wait for my girlfriend to get offwork to go pick it up....well when she called to tell them we would be there about 5:15pm to pick it up they said it would be $92...so nichole called me and told me the news....i was like how does a Free Estimation cost $92?? so i called them to find out...they said that while they were test driving it the rotor bug fried again(i just had put a new one in before we had taken my car up to the shop) and had to get another mechanic to go pick him up and take him to autozone to get another rotor bug and put it it...so they charged me an 1-1/2hr to install it....i was like your shop it maybe 10 mins from autozone and it takes less then 5 mins to install....just pop the 2 clips off the distributor cap....and i was like you didn't call me or my girlfriend to ask if we wanted you to have it towed it fixed right there....to have it towed it would of been less then $35....well i was whatever i'll pay it, becasuse i want my car....when i got there i noticed they parked an SUV right behind it so i couldn't get my car out....i went inside to write a check....then they told me it was a misquote over the phone and it was actually $102....i was pissed...after paying it i went outside to go get my car and the still hadn't moved the SUV so i went back in to tell them to move it and they said i noticed you have done alot of work and must of put alot of money into the motor....i was like you just anally raped me and you want to talk about my car??? :mad: then i got in my car and had nichole follow me home....on the way we had to wait 15 mins on a train and i had no problem with my car...so the way i figured it, they got my rpm's up by hot-rodding it so they fried the rotor bug by getting the distributor to hot....so the way i figure it they should pay me $102 just for taking it for a joy ride....:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

It's always a bad deal when a shop starts telling YOU how fast your car is. Kinda reminds me of the car scene from "Ferris Buellers Day Off".

Did they (or you) write down the mileage, before and after it was in their shop? Sometimes it's on the workorder.

This is part of the reason I don't take my car to service places for repair. I have to deal with them, for the company cars, at work. They are all a bunch of scoundrels.

That blows. I try to only take my stuff to the shop for inspection and emissions and that shop is across the street from my house. My dad has known him for years and I've always taken my stuff to him. If I have a question about something I walk over and ask he's real cool about stuff. Other then that it only goes when its somethign I can't do like alignment or trans issues. Seems like everytime I take something to get aligned at the place I bought my truck they tell me something needs replaced. I just say ok thanks I'll do it myself and bring it back out