A- Trim

GMdestroyer

Jun 15, 2002
I have a 88 gt and I just bought an a trim for it from a freind for only $ 500. He moved up to a procharger. What would my car run in the 1/4 on Dr supposeing i had all the things I needed to run it like mass air conversion and fuel system. Other mods in sig. 410's also just installed last week

• Sponsors (?)

I ran a SC-trim on a stock 5.0 two summers ago, With the smaller pulley you could get 8lbs of boost and maybe get close to the 12's like real low 13's.

than with a few more mods and pactice you could get into the 12's

With a all stock motor and the sc-trim at 5lbs I only ran a best of 13.9

the a-trim is an entry level blower its not made to make high boost. I think they make like 5-6#'s of boost maybe more if you can put a diff pulley on it. Even so if you put an a-trim on i dont know how well the flow numbers are on them. So i dont see more than 300 and maybe 325-350 at the the wheels if you have heads,cam and an intake.

The A trim like mentioned was an entry level, and you could squeeze almost 10 out of it with a good intake pipe and smaller pulley, but you'd be spinning the snot out of it (read high heat). Not a bad place to start, and also, already mentioned is if you turn it back to Vortech in good condition, you get $750 credit toward a new head unit...like an S trim-boost is fun!

edit: alledgedly, they'll push enough air to support up to 450hp...not sure if I buy that or not.

I had an A-trim on my 93 with trick flow top end and upr power pipe seeing 5psi with a 7" crank pulley and made 393 rwhp on dynojet and for a little reference my buddies 03 cobra made 412 on same dyno with cat bacl and cold air kit on it. The A-trim does not get much credit, sure an S-trim would be better but the A-trim will make power. I believe I could have changed the pullie and ran 8 psi through it but I was pretty happy with what I had mainly because my wife wasn't.