A9L, A9P questions

I have a few questions for anyone who can answer them. I have a 1989 Gt 5 speed. Is the computer from a 1993 GT five speed any better or worse? Different program? Or is a computer from an aode better or worse? A9P? Someone told me that it will work great in my 5 speed because when I shift it wont drop rpm's as quick. Any validity to that?
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you have ab 89 MAF computer, just stay with it. A 93' Cobra computer is a little less aggressive (usually X3Z). There is no point in switching, there is more "worth it" factor in getting a chip, tweecer, pms, ect,,,,,,,,,

A9L is the only way to go.. the best computer put out by ford for these cars.. the cobra computer has a stock calibration for 24#'s.. so your stuck with it.. plus its less agressive.. and the A9P is even more aggressive (by a lil bit) than the A9L.. because it does not pull timing during shifts..

Does that make the A9P better? Or the cobra better? My car has 24's, regulator, trick flow intake manifold, CAI, ported and polished gt40 irons, 70 mm body and spacer, 73 mm mass air, headers, and msd ignition. Wouldn't a little more aggressive help? Does not pulling timing during shifts help?