? about MSD Coils Ever herd this?

Jaswir

Mar 31, 2005
Orlando, FL
Well we have came down to this... I have a MSD blaster Coil and it some how is burning up my PIP sensor in the dizzy! Dizzy is 100% stock! Is that possible?

How do i know this? Well i put another Dizzy in and it burnt up in a couple seconds after checking it! Causing my car to run horrible

Now i have ran a MSD coil in my 92 with a stock Dizzy for 4 years and never had a problem.

Does this do this because the coil is going bad??

So now going to get a stock Coil in and reman dizzy to try!

• Sponsors (?)

Never had this problem, And Ive been running a MSD blaster coil and stock distributor for a while.

Have you had the TFI tested?

You may try this. Take the TFI off. Plug it into the TFI connector. You will see the three prongs sticking out of the TFI. The 2 prongs on the left are for the PIP power and ground. With the key on, Test each one to a ground.

The coil doesnt send voltage to the PIP. The PIP sends a Sqaure wave pulse to the ECM, the ECM sends it back to the TFI through the SPOUT wire. Then it goes to the Coil in the form of a ground pulse.

yes its definitly possible, the extra juice from the MSD coil is too much for the stock stuff, ive had this problem before.

It will severly shorten the life of stock distributor electronics.