I took off the nut and washer.
Its on tight and won't pry off
Something i'm doing wrong? Please help, thank you

6b1cd7aa-0636-441c.jpg

6b1cd7aa-0646-3097.jpg

6b1cd7aa-0652-8d08.jpg

.:sent from planet Photon:.

• Sponsors (?)

The A/C clutch is about $100 new or you can buy a compressor from the junkyard with a working clutch for about $50. The puller is about $16 if you have to buy one, Autozone will rent you one for free.

The clutch hub is usually what fails, the rubber shock damper shears off from the steel hub and plate. The pulley turns, but the hub doesn't when you power up the A/C.

getimage.php

www.rockauto.com Ford MOTORCRAFT Part # YB289A $39.00 + shipping

The hub comes off without much problem if you have the puller. You don’t have to do anything with the refrigerant (R12 or R134a), you can replace the clutch without draining and refilling the system. The snap ring hiding inside the hub is the only tricky part.

Remove the nut; remove the snap ring (if present) and then remove the washer. Loosen the puller tool center bolt so that you can get the larger threaded section of the puller screwed into the clutch hub. Tighten up the center bolt on the puller and the clutch hub will come off.

Clutch hub puller tool

530-228.jpg

AutoZone and most other major auto parts chain stores will rent or loan the puller

The clutch hub is usually what fails, the rubber shock damper shears off from the steel hub and plate. The pulley turns, but the hub doesn't when you power up the A/C The hub comes off without much problem if you have the puller. You don’t have to do anything with the refrigerant (R12 or R134a), you can replace the clutch without draining and refilling the system. The snap ring hiding inside the hub is the only tricky part.

Clutch hub puller tool

530-228.jpg

AutoZone and most other major auto parts chain stores will rent or loan the puller

Thank you but I got it, exactly what I did, just needed the right tool :)

425779f7-1ba7-c775.jpg