Accel DFI -Anyone running this

dls322

Apr 4, 2005
Mt. Penn, PA
Anyone run the Accel DFI #74030. I was looking at possibly picking this up but was wondering what you can actually do with it. I picked up a paxton SC that i will be installing in a few months and was windering it this would be a good route to go. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It's overkill, and will be more work than fun. Leave it for race cars.
Stock comp is capable of controlling at least 600rwhp, if the car is assembled correctly.

if you are putting down 600rwhp, then you better not leave all that $$$ in the hands of a stock computer.

It's overkill, and will be more work than fun. Leave it for race cars.
Stock comp is capable of controlling at least 600rwhp, if the car is assembled correctly.

i'd, personally, go with a FAST. which is next on my list

But the question is how much power could those 600+ hp guys be making if they were using something like DFI/PMS/etc instead pf the stock computer? I wouldnt be surprised if you could get 20 or more horsepower across the RPM range with a good tune.

You think at $1200 for the system, then dyno time and then the cost of a good tuners time, you think 20hp is worth it, on a car that probably already has too much power?
Honestly, it's probably worth more than 20rwhp, but i've known alot of guys who went dfi, then went back because of the hassles.

Yeah I defiantly don't want somethign more complicated than it needs to be. I'll check out the FAST systems. I was just asking cause of buddy of mine was selling his DFI for $300 complete. My one buddy keeps telling me that i need a data logging tuner to properly set up my SC combo.

Fast is the same idea as the dfi, just a newer different setup.
Run the stock comp unless it's a race car.

But, however, check ebay pricing, because for a complete DFI, $300 sounds really low, maybe you can make a few bucks.