Adding a Sub to 2006 Stang

krang00 said:
What model/where did you get the input adapter? Where did you pick up the speaker leads, from the back of the stock head unit?

Thanks for the info!

I used a Powerlink II and I tapped the speaker leads close to the head unit from behind and ran my RCA to the trunk.

I mounted both amps and my distribution block to a piece of MDF that I covered in carpet that matched my trunk carpet perfectly and then screwed the entire setup to the carpeted board that covers the spare tire. I screwed it to the board all the way to the rear of the trunk closest to the rear seats. I used 4 guage wire from the distribution block to the battery. The sub and its enclosure are mounted in the right rear firing into the right rear corner.

It sounds VERY good with this setup. I may improve the sub down the road to a better one but I am fine with what I have for the time being.

Hope this helps!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

You just need to add a line out converter at the rear speakers. They are full range, as I have done about five installs so far on the shaker 500 systems. It sounds fine if you do it that way, and you dont really need to buy an expensive line out converter. Any one from a shop such as best buy/tweeter should be fine.