Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator On 2004 Mustang Gt

SonicStangGT

Mar 18, 2008
King, North Carolina
Ok got turbo kit on finally and now getting ready to take a get a dyno tune. I called them this morning to set up a time and they were asking me what king of fuel pump, injectors,MAF Im running and then asked me if I had a adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I've looked and cant find one that is specifically for a 2004 mustang gt. Is there a way to get a universal one and hook it up or does anyone know where I can find one. Any help would be great as this is now holding me up from getting done. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

That's likely because you don't have one. I'm pretty sure the 99 up went returnless and have a fuel pump driver to regulate voltage to the pump.

Not so sure that this is the tuner you want to have. lol

Agreed with Noobz: Unless you've specifically converted your car to a return-style fuel system it will not have a fuel pressure regulator. Fuel pressure is monitored by the PCM using the fuel rail pressure sensor (FRPS) mounted on the driver's side fuel rail and the pressure is controlled by the PCM sending a signal of varying duty cycle to the fuel pump driver module (FPDM).

If your tuner doesn't know this about 99-04 GTs you might consider another tuner. He may also have been under the impression that you went return-style so perhaps you can give him the benefit of the doubt...

I thought that a svt focus pump and 60 lb Injectors would be enough fuel for 10-12 psi.
Stock pump with BAP out flows a focus pump. http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/BAPsvtFocus_kens.pdf

That's plenty. I'm running 36# injectors with a BAP on the stock pump at ~9psi with fuel to spare.
I just maxed out my stock pump and BAP (29 psi at 4000 RPMs) with 9 psi and stage 2 ported heads and long tubes. His injectors are good for the power but you don't have enough volume(psi) for those injectors.