Adjustable vs. Non AdJ Rear suspension question

dubbsix

Oct 18, 2006
Katy,TX
I want to upgrade the rear suspension, but i am not sure if i 'need' adjustable control arms, or if the extra money could be spent towards something else.

My plans for my stang are modest. I want to run 10's without going over 1,000 dollars. Just kidding. :p

The plans for the mustang are mid 13's second car on stock motor. I dont see this thing putting down massive amounts of torque so i dont know if the adjustables are needed. Someone help!

• Sponsors (?)

If you buy a set of Aftermarket non adjustable control arms you will be fine. There isn't much need to have that much tunability on a 13 second car. Heck i have a 11 sec car and i don't have them. I do like my lakewood traction action set up though. I think if I got some proper springs struts and shocks for drag racing i could be doing a lot better.

I'd suggest no adjustable Lowers and double adjustable uppers. You can use the uppers much like a stnd 4 link left set to set preload/the tendecencis to go left or right on launch and right side to set pinion angle. that way the car can launch straight and true and have the amount of pinion angle you need.