Adjusting the winshield wipers?

Jacob07

Apr 5, 2005
Missouri
My winshield wipers have always been a little high. The drivers side more so.

I've looked in a haynes manual and searched around but I can't find how to adjust them. Now they are hitting the side. I think the haynes manual said something about it and it sounded like a common sense adjustment. I can not find any way to adjust them. There is a little metal piece that looked like it might secure it but I've bent it back and it does nothing. I also tried pulling them from the car with no luck.

Whats the simple trick I'm missing? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

This would be easier to demonstrate than explain...

What you need to do is grab ahold of the wiper arm where the blade itself attaches and pull it away from the windshield. You'll notice that the arm hinges near where it's attached to the piece on the cowl. You should also notice there is a small metal tab near this hinge point. What you need to do is pull the arm out as far as it will go, and then pull that small metal tab out. It will slide out and lock the wiper arm out, and then you can actually pull the entire arm off and rotate it slightly one direction or the other to adjust where it sits on the windshield. Installation is the opposite of removal.

I take it you've never replaced the wiper blades on your car? :scratch: