advice please...

BREDn07

Mar 30, 2007
Fresno, Ca
got a buddy that has a black factory hood and i want to buy it! its gloss black..would my car look good with just the hood being black? i was thinking painting it flat black or just keep it gloss black.

tell me what you guys think...

• Sponsors (?)

If he's selling it, maybe he'd let you test fit it to see what it would look like. If he's local to you, asking him and see, it couldn't hurt!

Just my opinion though, I'm not sure I'd go for it, I don't perticularly care for that look, but if you do, go for it!

The Gloss Black should work fine:nice: . Here a few pics of Gloss Black hoods(not fully black, but mostly).

RedSteedaQ-1.jpg

steeda_05_06_cowl_hood.jpg

steedaq52506.jpg

I say either paint the centre section of the hood, like the pictures above, or paint the entire top half of the car (Foose style).

Otherwise....black hoods on Mustangs look cool at the track, but it looks ghetto on a street car. :shrug:

thanks dawg for the pictures....jen i think i am gonna go for it!

see gear.. those pictures that dawg posted are exactly for "getting an idea only" purposes not to run w/ other people's ideas, especially foose's ideas...if i went that route, i would then have no originality! now that you mentioned ghetto, i like ghetto...thanks gear, you really help me make up my mind

I was always under the impression that painted black hoods on not-black cars were poor 'folks pretending they could afford carbon fiber...? :D

(not the partially painted ones like above... those obviously have some rhyme and reason to the color scheme).

~SM

Get the black hood, paint the rear spoiler to match, black out the area between the tail lights and then put a black Cervini's or CDC chin spoiler on her, instant Mach 1. And it's not fake carbon fiber IF it's a Mustang. It's retro dude!