After 30 days in the body shop....its back

vertigasen

Apr 28, 2004
Falcon, CO
A long while ago, I hit a deer....then keyed a week later. Since I'm in the Army, I couldn't exactly get it fixed right away, I had a small trip overseas to make. After a long fight with Geico....they fixed it. The pictures aren't great, but I thought I would throw them up anyway.

And yes, I know it needs to be buffed from hell on the side skirts and roof, but going to wait for the paint to cure a bit before I get into that. It needs to be wet sanded badly after the paint...not the smoothest in the world. I can take care of that myself.

View attachment 226446

View attachment 226447

View attachment 226448

View attachment 226449

As for what was replace.....both front fenders, front bumper, front grill, front fog lights (which they didnt install, they put them in a box in my back seat), windshield, passenger mirror, cowl cover, hood, and fixed key marks all the way down the passenger side, trunk lid and drivers rear quarter panel.

• Sponsors (?)

thats a beautiful car man, that color is very very sick. are the cobras black chrome?

yeah, black chrome.

Those rims :drool: :drool: Specs:shrug:

Car looks great man!:nice: Shame they couldn't take the 3 seconds to put the fogs in though.

18x9.5 fronts and 18x10.5 rears. Tires are Verdstein Ultrac Sessantas, 275/35 and 295/35.

When I hit the deer, it ripped my entire front bumper off. I just strapped the KB Big Tube to one of the supports since it was hanging. They said they didn't want to move it.....lazy! I went to put the on while I was under there anyway only to find that they gave me the fog lights, just no screws for them (or bulbs). LMR...here I come. I also saw they didn't replace the plugs for the fog lights. It just ripped off the plugs on both side, they still have the wires taped up and taped to the radiator support.

I just finished the Mach 1 grill and chin spoiler.

View attachment 226418

View attachment 226419

View attachment 226420

Just threw in the last pic to show my helper :p

I don't understand the mentality of someone who keys a car. I really wish i could catch someone doing it sometime because i think someone like that deserves to have their skull bashed in. I really Cannot fathom it...what a childish, pathetic, worthless person. They should all be castrated and sent to siberia...

Nice to see your stang got repaired. What was your gripe with gieco by chance?

I live on an Army base. Their regulations say that a vehicle be worked on, abandoned (not moved for 30 days, unless deployed), and must have a respectable appearance. When I hit the deer, it ripped off my front bumper, peeled my passenger fender halfway back, and crushed in my hood. While I was deployed, I got a notice on my vehicle that it was going to be towed for the damage. I came back for a 2 week leave and bought some crap to throw on it just so it would meet the appearance crap.

Flash forward to trying to get it fixed. Because I had removed the damage parts, and did not have the bumper (probably still on the side of the road in BFE), Geico told me that they could not repair the damage because the original items were not on the vehicle. We fought for 2 days before I wrote the main Geico office. The letter was not exactly nice, but the day after I wrote it, I got a called from the Geico adjuster saying that all damage would be fixed.