AFTERMARKET PEDALS (install help needed)

TrueBlueNJ

Dec 3, 2005
I have had the bullet pedal kit for awhile now and installed the clutch, brake and gas pedals quite some time ago. The only one I never installed was the footrest pedal. Needless to say installing the other 3 pedals were a real PITA. Does anyone know how the heck to get the stock footrest pedal off so I can snap in the bullet one?

• Sponsors (?)

It is not to bad. You need to start off by removing the door sill piece then remove the molding piece that covers the wiring harness between the fender and the driver. It is really not that hard to do. Once you have the two pieces off there are two bolts that are behind the pedal that need to be removed. I think there are 7/16 bolts. Trust me this pedal is the easiest one to replace, the brake & clutch are much harder to replace IMO.....:nice:

Ok, I've got a question. I rplaced my clutch a while back and when I did I pulled up on the clutch pedal to release the cable, well now I have a problem with it releasing at inapropriate times(driving for one) like if I sidestep the pedal it will snap up and release itself. Also, if I bump it with my toe when getting in it will let go. How do I keep it from doing that?

for the footrest pedal I used a screw driver and kept prying up until it broke off. I didn't need it anymore so I didn't care :)

Popped the new one back on. They look better and I think are a little bit wider than stock pedals.