Ah yes the new shortblock is here... few pics

• Sponsors (?)

thanks guys..

As far as cost, its about 7200 alltogether for the shortblock(including pan, balancer, flywheel), heads(these were 2200 alone), cam, custom longtubes, x pipe, intake manifold.

Power level, i really dont know, some say i will see 500+ to the wheels, i really dunno, its a pretty well set up combo, so i hope for the best.

i got the entire shortblock for 3k including the stuff i mentioned above and a set of headstuds and PR's. It will be more if you go through a company like dss or chp. I know CHP sells an all forged 393 for 3k even, thats just the shortblock though, no pan, no flywheel or anything. If you want more cubes you gotta pay..

Stock t5 will stay for this season (i hope) lol. Next year it will see a dynamic c4, wont be able to afford it this season though, so ill be going easy on the t5. Once i have the c4 it will be time for a paintjob, and finally just enjoy the car, no more mods! Maybe just a small shot(100 or so) down the road.

yellow1995Cobra said:
i got the entire shortblock for 3k including the stuff i mentioned above and a set of headstuds and PR's. It will be more if you go through a company like dss or chp. I know CHP sells an all forged 393 for 3k even, thats just the shortblock though, no pan, no flywheel or anything. If you want more cubes you gotta pay..

Stock t5 will stay for this season (i hope) lol. Next year it will see a dynamic c4, wont be able to afford it this season though, so ill be going easy on the t5. Once i have the c4 it will be time for a paintjob, and finally just enjoy the car, no more mods! Maybe just a small shot(100 or so) down the road.

Do you really think you'll be able to "take it easy" with that monster under the hood? T-5= :owned:

SHOCKED.gif
Holy#$@!
mouse.gif

Looks nice! Can't wait to hear your new #'s :nice:

Sweet score Jesse. I've been wanting to see how this pans out for you. It looks like it's coming nicely.

One question for you: Why did you choose to go with a hydraulic roller cam? I could imagine that you'd pick up a decent amount of power by just switching to a solid roller.

Joe

Thanks guys.

Joes95GT said:
Sweet score Jesse. I've been wanting to see how this pans out for you. It looks like it's coming nicely.

One question for you: Why did you choose to go with a hydraulic roller cam? I could imagine that you'd pick up a decent amount of power by just switching to a solid roller.

Joe

Well i talked to Ed about it for a while on the phone, and he said it was completely up to me, basically whether or not i want to adjust the rockers often.. He has faith in his roller design, so hopefully it will work out.

The other reason is cost. I got those tie-bar lifters for a score included in the shortblock price from moneypit. A set of solid roller lifters are pretty expensive, plus the solid roller cam is more then the hyd cam.

lol i know i know.. Just cant afford a tranny right now too. The dynamic c4 settup i want to get is over 3k soup to nuts, so im gonna have to wait till next year. Unless of course i see a good deal on a TKO ill grab one, but i really want the c4. Ive seen some t5's go into the low 11 second range, they dont last long, but all im asking for is 3 months :rolleyes:

Thanks guys.

I played the turbo game.. Cubes are nice cause you can make big power and still be N/A, no boost related issues that had me pulling my hair out.

RIO5.0 said:
Jesse...You are one demented stanger....I def wanna see that mofo at NED...run it with those Kooks uncorked...Sweet.... :D

Oh it will be there! I cant wait to hear it with just the headers :D